background

Friday, April 8, 2011

GOLDEN GIRL

This is one of my recent paintings. This is an iris which I have titled, "Golden Girl". It is oil on canvas, painted with my glazing technique, which involves a gray underpainting with many color glazes applied over it. With this painting, I received an "Artist of the Year" at our local art club, the Peoria Fine Arts Association. Shortly after, this painting received an "Honorable Mention" at the Arizona State Fair, 2011, and just recently, at the Glendale Art Competition, 2012, it received a "First Place In Oil", and it was sold at this last show.

SOLD

3 comments:

  1. William,your work here is actually making me gasp with deligh!This is looking beautiful, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge lover of irises, for their luminous colors in early morning, their vigor, their petals' delicacy, and how their colors, strength, and fragilities interplay with each other.

    I have never seen a more beautiful iris painting than this one. I think I've never seen an iris painting that captures the iris's qualities that I love so much, other than this one.

    Good going, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely stunning! I can see why it received so many awards. You have wonderful talent and skill.

    ReplyDelete