background

Fish

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Review of Lefranc & Bourgeois Extra-Fine Oil Color Mediums





Originally submitted at Jerry's Artarama Art Supplies


Lefranc & Bourgeois Essence d'Aspic


One of my most important products
By Bill from Glendale, AZ on 6/9/2011








5out of 5


Pros: Glides Smoothly



Describe Yourself: Artist



Primary use: Personal



Was this a gift?: No



I use LeFranc & Bourgeois Oil Of Spike (Essence d'Aspic) as the solvent ingredient in my oil painting medium. Combined with Linseed and Walnut Oils, and Venice Turpentine, it creates one of the most useful glazing mediums I've ever used. The Oil Of Spike is slower drying, and it imparts a slippery consistency to the medium, as well as being a bit more aggressive a solvent than even Turpentine. I have enjoyed using this product for years, and I definitely wish to see it be continued to be offered at your very reasonable price.





Using Oil Of Spike Lavender as medium ingredient

thumbnail

Tags: Made with Product



(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment