background

Friday, August 13, 2010

Misty Rose


"Misty Rose" is an oil painting that I created on linen canvas. Linen has the reputation of having a bit more longevity than cotton canvas. I made use of Old Holland's Manganese Blue Deep for the sky portion of the background. It is claimed to be a multiple-pigment color, but I've never given that much consideration, as long as the color is what I want.


This painting received the "Merchant's Award" at an art show held at the Peoria School District Main Office, 2010. It also received an "Honorable Mention" at the Peoria Celebration Of Artists" competition in March 2011.

4 comments:

  1. I love the wetness of the leaves nearest the viewer, and the reflections. Awesome textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its pleasant humorous YouTube video, I always go to go to see YouTube web page designed for comical videos, since there is much more stuff available.
    Oil companies

    ReplyDelete